Sunday, January 30, 2011

Miss America 2011

Living only 3 hours from Vegas comes in pretty handy sometimes not just for the great shopping and incredible buffets but also for being able to attend some really awesome pageants.  I was able to attend the 2011 Miss America Pageant.  This was my first time attending the pageant live and in person.  My day started out attending the trade show and boy was I in heaven!  There were so many different vendors with gowns, jewelry, shoes, accessories, swimsuits and more.  I really had to restrain myself from going crazy and buying everything I really wanted.  In the end I did have good self control and only left with one pair of shoes, I was such a good girl.  Here I am at the trade show with Carl Dunn the editor of pageantry magazine.


Check out the View of the stage from my seat


I had so much fun hanging out with my pageant friends and seeing one of the youngest Miss America's ever to be crowned.  There was so much energy and excitement in the audience it was amazing.  When Miss America 1994 Kim Aiken came onstage when they were showing all of the past Miss America's, I lost it and the tears began to flow.  I remember watching her win back in the day and all I could think of was that I wanted to be just like her someday. Some people dream of going to the Super Bowl but for me I dreamed of going to Miss America and I finally had my chance and I didn't have to go all the way to Atlantic city to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment