Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Birthday Bags for Kids

It has only been five days since I was crowned Ms Earth 2011 and I am already off and running. Today I made a donation to the “Birthday Bags 4 Kids” organization. They are a non-profit organization that provides toy filled birthday gift bags to disadvantaged children. Each month they take on the challenge of providing more than 50 toy filled birthday bags to children ages 1 to 18, which are then distributed through local social service agencies. Although the organization is only 1 ½ years old they have already provided more than 900 birthday bags. The organization accepts donations of gently used gift bags, toys, and candy or even cash donations and they will do the shopping for you. You even have the option to adopt a child or two listed on their website each month and donate a gift filled bag specifically for that child. Today was the organization’s monthly bag stuffing day where I had an opportunity to donate toys, candy and gift bags. I also meet the organizations founder Julie Farquhar and her group of volunteers. What a wonderful group of women doing a small part to make more birthdays’ happy days. I can’t wait to go back again and help stuff gift bags. I know I remember my birthdays as a child and the happiness I received from getting presents.  Why not brighten a child’s day by giving to someone who’s family maybe can’t afford a nice birthday gift, especially when it only takes about $10 to provide one bag for one child. What better way to combine the love of shopping and giving than by adopting a child to give gifts to. I know we can all afford a $10 gift even if it means spending a little less on your own personal shopping or beauty needs. I encourage you all to considering gifting to this wonderful organization, so get shopping! (company product donations are also encouraged as well)

Check out the website http://www.birthdaybags4kids.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment