Friday, July 8, 2011

California Cinderella State Pageant

This Memorial Day Weekend it was all about Cinderella Magic.  Off to San Diego i went for the California State Cinderella Pageant where I served as the "hostess with the mostess".  This fun filled weekend was full of lots of fun and surprises.  The boys and girls competing ranged in age from babies to their early 20's and they were competing for a chance to represent the state of California and to go on to the International Finals this summer in Las Vegas.  As a former State and International Cinderella Titleholder, I know first hand what this pageant system is all about so I tried my best to make sure the contestants got to experience the magic of Cinderella.  One of the highlights of this weekend was the 70's Cindy Disco Party.  There were games, great food, and gifts for everyone.  As MC I think I sang just about every song from the 70's that I know the words to.  I even had an opportunity to "torture" the moms and make them all participate in a dance contest, a hula hoop contest and a special "cinderella's next top model competition". Besides our special guests (Cinderella herself and Prince Charming) I was honored to sing and have a special moment with the reigning royalty and all contestants before the big awards show.  I am very happy to say that one of my girls (Ashley Scott) that I coach was crowned the new California Cinderella Woman.  So Congratulations to all the new royalty, have fun and Internationals and best of luck to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment