Friday, July 8, 2011

Ontario 4th of July Parade

Happy 235th Birthday United States!  As a bicentennial baby (I was born in 1976), I always look forward to the 4th of July festivities.  My 4th of July holiday started out in the city of Ontario with the city sponsored Independence Day Parade.  The parade is broadcast live on cable TV and replayed throughout the day/week. Even though the weather forecast predicted rain and monsoonal thunderstorms it was a clear and blistering hot morning.  I tried my best not to completely melt during the parade route although I swear I lost about a pound or two from all the sweating i did.  Here are my photos before the parade (when my hair was still holding up well) and afterwards with some local pageant queens.


After the parade was finished we were off to the movies and a big fireworks show in the city of Redlands.  And of course we got to enjoy the fireworks from the back of the convertible with the top down while chowing down on ice cream and other snacks.  What a nice conclusion to a beautiful summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment